Saturday, September 13, 2014

Lots of Changes

Since my last post, a couple of things have happened. First, my dad passed away in May. And second, I am currently recovering from a heart attack. Therefore, there have to be changes in my life. One, I have to quit smoking, which I already know is not going to be easy for me. Second, I have to change what I am eating, and eat healthier. Third, I have to reduce the stress in my life. And, fourth, I have to start excising on a regular basis. I have also managed to complete a few pieces of stitching.
First is Sassy Stitcher by Janlynn.
Second, I completed a piece that I started a long time ago, which is Angel of Light. I framed this and gave it to my dad during one of his hospital stays, and then when he was cremated, it was with him.
 I also finished Two Hearts, which was supposed to be a gift for my husband last year for our anniversary and did not get finished on time.

 I also stitched a Harley Davidson shield, which was donated to a poker run in order to raise money for childrens charities.
 I also finished a baby sampler for a friend of mine. It is being given to her on her son's first birthday.
 I was asked to stitch this for a friend of mine. It is Janlynn's Wedding Cake. It is now in her hands to get framed, and then to the bride and groom.
I also finished Cuddly Bears, which I made into a birth announcement for my former district manager. 

I have also been working on my cross stitch rotation. I have taken Merry Christmas to All out of the rotation, because I needed to get different material for it. I could see to much of the white behind the stitches.
I have also sold my first piece of work. It was a design that I did myself, and was asked to stitch it for my current district manager's wife for her birthday.
That is it for now. I will do another post with my WIP's and their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment